New Summit Course Descriptions
Base Camp: Essential Management Skills
Why it’s important:
According to Gallup, Front line management is this single most critical role impacting company productivity. The basic skills in running day-to-day operations are seldom taught and managers are left to figure it out themselves. Most new managers fail in the first two years and 70% of employees leave a company because of their immediate manager.
What it is:
Base Camp teaches your managers the core skills they will use daily to effectively manage and lead their teams. Specifically designed for new managers who are well versed in their primary job skill but need guidance on how to manage people effectively. That said, the skills taught in this program are relevant and required for any level of leadership. Base Camp focuses on employee engagement, performance, difficult conversations and the essential core skills required to lead any team.
How it works:
Teaching the award-winning Vital-Learning Leadership curriculum that New Summit helped to design and develop, these courses are scenario-based, leveraging highly effective experiential learning techniques. These are not just classes. These are highly engaging workshops applying proven solutions to your managers specific situations. These courses can be taken online, mobile using microlearning modules, in the classroom, or blending a combination of all of these. Our instructors are all senior leaders and professional trainers who coach and mentor in addition to instructing. Our focus on practical skills means that a new manager can apply what they learned in our courses immediately on the job.
Although the program is customizable, a typical program implementation will follow these proven steps:
- Program is tailored to specific needs
- Knowledge and Skills taught through classroom, mobile, online, or blended learning
- Follow up inter-session workshops with managers, providing group mentorship and coaching based on actual situations
- One-on-one Coaching
- Repeat steps 2-4
The courses are grouped into categories for quick implementation. The courses, however, can be taken in any order or in any combination. It is recommended that the Core Skills of Leadership series be taken by every participant. Special Offer: Enjoy all year access of the award-winning Base Camp solution for as low as $50 per month! Minimum order of 25 seats.
Core Skills of Leadership
- Essential Skills of Communication
- Essential Skills of Leadership
- Coaching Job Skills
Essential Performance Management
- Improving Work Habits
- Developing Performance Goals and Standards
- Providing Performance Feedback
- Effective Discipline
- Managing Complaints
- Resolving Conflicts
Essential Management Skills
- Communicating Up
- Supporting Change
Collateral:NS One Page
Ascent: Team Development and Communication
Why is this important
The most important skill a manager can master is the ability to craft and communicate messaging specific to their audience in the most effective way. As Franklin Covey states, “seek first to understand and then be understood”. This goes a long way to establishing an organization built on trust and support, so critical for a company’s innovation and growth.
What is it:
Everything DiSC® is a personal development learning experience that measures an individual’s preferences and tendencies based on the DiSC® model. This simple yet powerful model describes four basic styles: D, i, S, and C, and serves as the foundation for the Everything DiSC Application Suite. Participants receive personalized insights that deepen their understanding of self and others, making workplace interactions more enjoyable and effective. The result is a more engaged and collaborative workforce that can spark meaningful culture improvement in your organization.
How it works:
Everything DiSC® connects people on a human level to deliver “A-ha!” moments that transform workplaces from talented individuals into collaborative, thriving cultures.
- Built on a Foundation of Research and Rigor: Everything DiSC® provides a trustworthy assessment with strong psychometric properties, and prioritizes quality by using computer adaptive testing, global norming, and real-world testing.
- Transformational Learning Experiences: Only Everything DiSC® goes beyond the classroom with MyEverythingDiSC, a personalized mobile-friendly tool that helps participants use DiSC every day to connect better with their colleagues in real time.
- Simple but not Simplistic: Everything DiSC® translates assessment results into a personalized, actionable narrative that makes behavior change tangible for the participant.
- Customizable and Flexible: Each organization has unique needs. Everything DiSC® provides versatile tailoring features that allow you to easily design a customized program that’s right for your organization and time constraints.
- Expertise of a Trusted Advisor: With deep product expertise, [Partner name/business name] transforms the Application Suite into impactful and customized solutions that work, earning a 94% global satisfaction rating.
- Powered by Wiley: Everything DiSC® is fueled by over 40+ years of assessment-backed expertise and 200+ years of publishing excellence.
Everything DiSC” is a registered trademark of John Wiley & Sons, Inc., or its affiliated companies
Summit: Leadership Skills
Why it’s important:
Authentic leadership is said to be a journey without destination, but before you start you must ensure all the skills necessary are acquired to realize true personal success. Guiding teams through both good and trying times are a reality all leaders must master. Being confident in your own ability and knowledge in creating, developing, and coaching highly empowered teams, learned through this training program, is what you will need to succeed.
The Summit level includes many programs that will drive your team to optimal success. The foundational programs include Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team as well as Work Of Leaders workshop. Both include an assessment to determine your strengths as well as areas of potential growth.
The Five Behaviors
The Five Behaviors® is the result of the partnership between Wiley Workplace Learning Solutions and best-selling author Patrick Lencioni. Our mission is to deliver a premiere learning solution that improves team effectiveness and productivity through the understanding and application of The Five Behaviors: Trust, Conflict, Commitment, Accountability, and Results. This unique learning experience helps build a culture of high-performing teams through better communication and collaboration. Now, you have this powerful solution in your toolkit to help organizations re-write the rules of teamwork.
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders® lays out a clear path for helping leaders at all levels make the connection between their DiSC® style and leadership. Bringing together best practices from 300 experts in over 150 organizations, the important work of the most prominent scholars, and over four years of additional research and development, this all-inclusive classroom and online program approaches leadership as a one-to-many relationship (as opposed to the one-to-one relationship explored in Everything DiSC Management). With one unified model of leadership—vision, alignment, and execution—it focuses on helping leaders understand their own leadership styles and how their tendencies influence their effectiveness in specific leadership situations.